BscScan Block Explorer
By the end of this lesson, you will be able to:
- Understand what BscScan is
- Understand what BscScan block explorer can be used for
BscScan is a blockchain explorer for the Binance Smart Chain (BSC) ecosystem. A blockchain explorer is a tool that allows you to view and analyze data stored on a blockchain, such as transactions, addresses, tokens, contracts, blocks and more.
What is a block explorer
A block explorer is a tool that allows you to view and analyze data stored on various blockchains. You can use a block explorer to search for addresses, blocks, transactions, embedded text data and more on different blockchains. For example, you can use a block explorer to track the balance of an address, see the details of a smart contract, or find out how many transactions are confirmed in a certain block. A block explorer can also provide statistics and charts about the network activity, hash rate, difficulty, fees and other metrics of a blockchain. A block explorer is useful for anyone who wants to learn more about how blockchains work or verify transactions on them.
What is BscScan Block Explorer
BscScan is a blockchain explorer for BNB Smart Chain, a blockchain platform that supports smart contracts and decentralized applications (dApps) on BNB Chain’s native cryptocurrency, BNB.
What can be BscScan used for
You can use BscScan to access various information and features related to BNB Smart Chain, such as:
- Transactions: You can look up any transaction on BNB Smart Chain by entering its hash, address, or block number. You can also view the latest transactions and pending transactions on the network.
- Blocks: You can see the latest blocks added to the blockchain, as well as their details, such as timestamp, miner, gas used, gas limit, etc. You can also view the block rewards and uncles.
- Accounts: You can check the balance and transactions of any account on BNB Smart Chain, whether it is a normal address or a smart contract address. You can also view the token balances and NFT collections of any account.
- Tokens: You can search for any token on BNB Smart Chain, whether it is a BEP-2 token (native to BNB Chain), a BEP-20 token (compatible with Ethereum’s ERC-20 standard), or a BEP-721 token (compatible with Ethereum’s ERC-721 standard for NFTs). You can also view the token holders, transfers, and analytics.
- Contracts: You can search for, read, and interact with any smart contract deployed on BNB Smart Chain. You can also verify the source code of a contract, write comments on a contract, or analyze its bytecode.
- Verify Source Codes: You can verify the source code of any contract on BSC and interact with its functions using the write contract feature.
- Watchlists: You can create and manage your own watchlist of tokens and addresses on BSC using the portfolio feature.
- Resources: You can access various resources related to BNB Smart Chain, such as charts and statistics, validators, dApps, faucets, APIs, tools, etc.
To use BscScan, you just need to visit its website (https://bscscan.com/) for mainnet and (https://testnet.bscscan.com/) for testnet and enter your query in the search bar. You can also connect your web3 wallet (such as MetaMask) to BscScan to interact with smart contracts or dApps directly from the website. Refer here for a detailed tutorial.